Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sweet Tea & Bum Knees

I have had enough sweet tea to last a lifetime since we've been back in the south. I didn't know how much I missed it until I was able to order sweet tea at a restaurant, and wasn't looked at like I had antlers or something. There are lots of things I missed and just didn't realize it... sweet tea, sno-cone stands in every parking lot, hospitality- everywhere, razorback stuff galore, 2 lane highways, and being able to turn right on red at ALL stop lights (In Cleveland, you can only turn right on red if there is sign telling you to.) I love the south, and I love NWA.

I have been on the DL since hurting my knee. I get so mad and upset when I think about it because I want to be going and doing and finding my way around town. Instead, I have been in pain every day after work, so after PT I have to prop my leg up and chill until bed. It's a plus to be a therapist because I can get free PT with my buds at work! I am still using crutches and wearing a brace during the day, but at home, I'm a little more relaxed with it. I'm trying to make myself think about the surgery, but it seems that I always have something better to think of. ;) I know I can't do it this summer because Matt is busy studying for the bar.
I am really wanting to go to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning. REALLY. Fresh produce and flowers... yes, please! I hope my knee cooperates and I can go.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Morgan,
    I found you on Kelly's Korner and just wanted to let you know I stopped by your blog. I mainly write on my teaching blog now, but am considering picking up my old blog again. I'm sorry about your knee hope it heals soon! I love the farmer's market in Bentonville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pain stinks...and getting older does not make things easier...I am just 36 and I feel like a creaky old woman sometimes...need to stretch and try yoga but I worry about hurting myself. Hope it gets better. I know firsthand how stinky it is when you want to do stuff but are held back..it will get better.

    ReplyDelete