Monday, January 2, 2012

2 Christmases

My December was a mess. After Thanksgiving I was hoping to slow down a little before the holidays hit, but I had no such luck. Ha! Each weekend was filled with shopping and getting last minute things together to travel 2 weekends in a row. We had to get all of our gifts wrapped and shipped early to make sure they beat us to Arkansas.
The weekend before Christmas, we flew into Memphis for Christmas with my mom and dad and family. We celebrated Saturday night with the family. We had dinner and gifts and lots of fun! When the family left, we had Christmas with my mom and dad. Our favorite gift was a razorback print in a big red wooden frame. It's not this exact one, but close. :)


We flew back to Cleveland because I had to work. Unfortunately, things never slowed down. We left for Russellville for Christmas with Matt's family. I think all the traveling and going non-stop caught up with me. Friday morning I woke up sick with the stomach bug. I tried to keep going, but just couldn't. I stayed in bed all day Friday and most of the day Saturday. Luckily, I felt a little better and enjoyed Christmas Eve dinner with the fam. It also helped that Matt surprised me with this...
It was hidden on the Christmas tree for me to find! LOVE. 
We woke up Christmas morning and exchanged gifts with Matt's mom and dad and Brad. Then, Mike, Whitney, and Emily came over to open their gifts. Emily was the cutest! She had so much fun... mostly with the wrapping paper. :) 
Matt and I got 2 new pieces of luggage, new cookware, lots of Razorback stuff, a Breville tea maker, a new camera, and gift cards galore. 
We are so blessed and had an amazing Christmas! 


1 comment: