Wednesday, April 3, 2013

2013: First Quarter

Hi everyone! I'm still breathing... It seems like this year hit full blast and I got left in the dust! The first week of January I went to see Dr. Arnold for the first time. One look at my knee, and he was set on fixing it. I set a date for surgery for late March.
January was crazy! We were down in Russellville at the car wash almost every weekend. I am so proud of Matt. He, Brad, and Bobby have put so much effort into making the wash a success. And it looks amazing!
Lola had a rough start to the year, too. She got fixed in early January... pitiful puppy!

Litte slobbery puppy!
In February we celebrated Valentine's Day and our 8th year together at Ruth's Chris. I could eat there every week. LOVE. Matt also sent me a huge bouquet of roses to work. I know; he's a keeper! :)
I also went to WM for a weekend in February. My mom and I did some shopping and had a nice relaxing weekend. 
March was the craziest month so far! I was in Springfield two different times for meetings and training; I got a new ASHA certification and took a dementia staging course. A week before my surgery, I got sick. Woke up with a sore throat, ear ache, and sinus headache. I went for a pre-op appointment and cleaned my house. Did loads and loads of laundry. Everything I could think of before the big day. My mom and dad came up Thursday night and we went to dinner. Friday morning I woke up with the jitters. I wasn't scared about surgery, but my nerves just got the best of me. 
I'll tell ya all about my surgery and recovery over the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment