Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

What a year! 2010 has been full of excitement!
Matt and I survived our first winter in Cleveland, which is an accomplishment, believe me!
Matt completed his first full year of law school, I graduated with my Master's, and we celebrated our 1st anniversary; AND this all happened in May! We vacationed in the Bahamas with Matt's family in June, and had a wonderful time! We got to spend some much needed time with Jeremy and Jax.  :)
I was fortunate enough to take the summer off and spend it in Providence, Rhode Island, where Matt was working at his internship. He loved his little gig there... and I loved the shopping and sleeping in! We visited Boston over the 4th of July, and I got to cross something off my Bucket List... Yes, we saw the Red Sox play at Fenway Park! It was AMAZING! The next day we took a boat out on the Charles River to watch the fireworks over the Harbor and listen to the Boston Pops. We took the train to NYC the next weekend, and saw Blue Man Group- it's a must see! So fun! We also found The Shake Shack in Times Square. The BEST burgers and shakes.
Possibly the best highlight of 2010 was getting all the crap out of my mouth! I got my braces and mouthpiece and everything else from my TMJ catastrophe taken out. Sigh of relief, and back to feeling like a normal person!
In August, Matt started back to school and I began the job search. I subbed for an SLP on maternity leave at a school district south of Cleveland for about 2 months, which gave me time to be a little picky! :) I decided to take a job at a skilled nursing facility (SNF) about 30 minutes from our house, and I really enjoyed it... BUT a few weeks ago I got an awesome offer to another SNF about 5 miles from home. So, with the new year comes a new job, and I couldn't be more excited.
We cheered on the HOGS in Fayetteville, Little Rock, and Dallas. We spent Thanksgiving in Russellville and Christmas in West Memphis. We also welcomed our niece to the world on December 5th.
Looking back on this year, we have so much to be thankful for; most of all, each other. We have wonderful family and friends, a nice home, I have a great job, and Matt is doing great in school. I hope 2011 brings just as much happiness as 2010...
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment