Sunday, January 23, 2011

The King's Speech

Phenomenal. The best movie I have seen in a really long time. I know I may be biased being a Speech Therapist, but it seriously is a fabulous movie. The reviews and awards don't even do it justice. I went Saturday afternoon, and seriously thought about seeing it again! It is well written, with amazing performances from Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush. I laughed, cried, and everything in between. It really makes me proud of what I do every day.


It is the story of King George VI and his journey with his Speech Therapist. He has a stammer, or stuttering problem, and being King, he is forced to speak to his country and the world- with the start of WWII. The movie is centered around King George's speech therapy sessions and the way his therapist pushes him to believe in himself. In the end, the king realizes that he truly has a voice and deserves to be heard. AMAZING. 


1 comment: