Saturday, April 21, 2012

Being the Good Wife

I feel like I have been in a funk lately. Since we got home from our cruise, I have just felt off. I have been sick, which really isn't anything new during the winter/spring in Cleveland, but I have fallen into a bad routine. I get up and go to work early, and when I get home, it's like a dead sprint upstairs to make myself look as homely as possible. The past few weeks, I have taken my meds and slept the afternoon/early night away. Matt would wake me up for dinner, we would eat, I would shower, and go back to bed. I haven't made an effort to spend time with Matt or make dinner for him. Nothing. Wife of the Year, right?
So. I woke up today and I feel like a new person. I picked up the house, went to the grocery store, put a load of laundry in the washer, and I am making a plan. I want to  will be a better wife. It's so easy to just fall into a routine and not make any effort to change it up. I am changing that right now. Matt will be home Sunday night, and I am so ready to see him. I have healthy dinners to make every night this week and a bottle of red wine. When I get home from work, I am going to leave my make-up on, make dinner and spend the afternoon/night with my husband. Every night this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment