Friday, April 27, 2012

5 Years Ago Today...

Matt asked me to be his wife.
Let's go back a few years...
I was a finishing up my junior year at UCA. It was our Dead Day, the Friday before finals began, and it was so pretty outside. Matt and I had made plans to celebrate the end of the school by having dinner at Mike's Place that night... and he surprised me by sending me for a day at the spa. I got the works. He bought me a whole day of pampering- pure bliss. I had a massage, a facial, a pedicure, manicure, and my hair colored.... and a gourmet lunch with a glass of wine. PERFECT. I was there all day, and I loved every minute of it! Little did I know Matt had sent me to the spa so I would be busy and he could do a little shopping! :)
I was ready to go and Matt called me to go back to his office. He turned around in his chair and got down on a knee... the rest is history! So, after screaming and crying and kissing, we headed to Mike's Place. But not to celebrate ending the school year! We walked in and the whole family was there. He had called my dad earlier in the week and invited my mom, dad, his whole family, and some really close friends to meet us there. They all knew and had kept such a HUGE secret!


 Jeremy was so tiny... He had just turned 4. And, it was at his birthday party the weekend before that Matt decided to ask me to marry him. He talked to his dad at the party and decided to ask me the next week!




I love thinking back and remembering everything that happened that day... and that night! After dinner, the gang (Matt, Zak, Lori, and me) rode around, went to Palarm (if you live in Conway, you know why!) and partied the night away! I was so excited and ready to get married, but we waited until we were out of school... and half way thru grad school to tie the knot, so I had more than enough time to plan and make our day perfect! 

1 comment:

  1. I remember when all that went down :) So happy you both are doing so well. Tracie

    ReplyDelete